High quality education and research, especially in Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, has a long tradition in the Czech Republic. Czech universities offer long-standing reputations, unique conception and interesting specializations. Students can come for a short study visit or to complete their degree in a wide range of traditional as well as newly-emerging disciplines.
Over 44,000 foreign students are studying at Czech higher education institutions and their interest is growing as the offer of study programs in foreign language (especially in English) is increasing. Czech universities are more and more involved in a wide range of international cooperation activities and programs taking place in the European Union and other countries.
Students from around the globe are drawn to the Czech Republic for its excellent education system. With approximately 311,000 students, 44,000 of which are international students, Czech universities are among some of the most popular in the world. Depending on their educational background, students can choose from a bachelor’s & master’s degree. On average, a bachelor’s degree program in the Czech Republic lasts from three to four years, while a master’s can vary between one and four years.
Study in the Czech Republic helps you to learn about yourself. Students who study abroad return home with new ideas and perspectives about themselves and their own culture. The experience abroad often challenges them to reconsider their own beliefs and values. In the Czech Republic can enhance the value of your degree. While in the Czech Republic, you can take courses you would never have had the opportunity to take on your own country. You would obtain a competitive advantage, such as an additional language skill, that is so important nowadays in the globalized world.
Official name: Czech Republic
Location: Central Europe
Area: 78,866 sq km
Neighbours: Austria, Germany, Poland, Slovakia
Currency: Czech Crown / CZK
Other major cities: Brno, Ostrava, Plzeň, Liberec, Olomouc
Membership: European Union, Schengen Area, NATO, OECD, WTO
- One of the best educational frameworks in Europe.
- Czech higher education foundations offer fascinating seminars on themes that you may not discover effectively in different nations, giving you a specific point of view and particular information in specific zones.
- The degrees from the Czech instructive establishments are completely perceived in all EU nations and profoundly esteemed around the world.
- Czech Republic is as yet probably the least expensive goal in Europe as far as study and life by and large.
- The normal education cost for one scholastic year is around 3 000 EUR. Contemplating drug in the Czech Republic will cost you around 10 000 EUR per scholastic year.
- The living expense in the Czech Republic is still generally cheap. The month to month costs of an understudy is around 200-300 EUR.
- In the core of Europe, the Czech Republic is a nation that crosses numerous societies of various starting points.
- How can I apply to study in the Czech Republic?
To apply for a study program, you first need to Contact us & select a specific university that offers your desired study program, respecting its application process.
- DO I HAVE TO SPEAK CZECH?
No. For all programs, Czech is not a pre-requisite. All elective courses are taught in English.
- DO I NEED A PASSPORT?
Yes. All Indian citizens need passports to travel to the Czech Republic. If you don’t have a passport yet, you should apply for one as soon as possible because the application process could take a long time.
- WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
Please remember that you should generally depart the India ONE day before the programs start date because the flights are overnight.
- WHICH AIRPORT SHOULD I FLY INTO?
All students should fly into Prague International Airport.
- CAN I GET AIRPORT PICK UP?
Yes. Your Program Director will meet you at the airport at the time that you indicate on your arrival form.
- WHERE WILL I LIVE?
Depending on the program you choose, you will either live in an apartment or a residence hall. If the program includes housing in an apartment, you will live with 1 to 3 other students.
- ARE MEALS INCLUDED?
Most programs do not include meals. Students will have kitchens in their apartments or residence halls for making their own meals. Eating out at student cafes is relatively inexpensive, so students tend to choose this option.
- HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD I BRING?
As part of your program fee, Study Abroad Czech Republic pays for your housing, on-site staff, health insurance, use of a pre-paid cell phone, transportation pass, and scheduled extra-curricular activities and excursions.
- WILL I HAVE TIME TO TRAVEL ON MY OWN DURING THE PROGRAM?
Yes. There will be free weekends throughout the program to travel around the Czech Republic or to neighboring countries.