Study In Czech Republic

  • The United States has one of the finest university education system in the world. Seventeen of the world’s top 20 universities are in the USA, and it is the top choice of international students. American higher education is recognized and respected worldwide for its excellence, diversity, flexibility and range of opportunities.


    U.S. colleges are known globally for the perfection of their facilities, resources, and faculty. Accreditation systems make sure that institutions continue to maintain these standards.


    The U.S. education system features many types of institutions, academic and social environments, entry requirements, degree programs, and subjects in which you can study intensively.


    A U.S. degree offers magnificent value for the money. A wide range of tuition fees and living costs, plus some financial help from colleges, make study in the United States affordable for hundreds of thousands of international students each year.

    USA Education System

    The USA education system is flexible in terms of choice of courses within a college or university. During the course of study, a student can transfer from one course/stream to another or one institution to another. This aspect of the USA education system makes it distinct from other countries.

    Affordable Education

    International students from all over the world choose to study in the USA because an American education is the best preparation for their future. It becomes all the more within your means with financial aid, scholarships and assistantships on hand. At the same time students are allowed to work 20hr/week during their course and 40hr/week during vacation which helps them to earn and learn.

    Choices to fit your needs

    With over 4,000 institutions, the United States offers the most diverse and exciting range of higher education options anywhere in the world. With such a wide selection of excellent learning opportunities, there is truly something for everyone, no matter what your ability or ambitions.


    The USA education system is flexible in terms of choice of courses within a college or university. During the course of study, a student can transfer from one course/stream to another or one institution to another. This aspect of the USA education system makes it distinct from other countries.

    Invest in yourself

    Education is one of the best investments you can make—an investment in yourself. Make an accurate estimate for the overall cost of your study in America, and then create an accurate budget. There will be many components to your budget that you need to take into consideration. Be aware that many U.S. universities and colleges require that international students pay for their first year’s Tuition in one installment. In order to pay this sizable amount you and your family will likely need to start saving well in advance. Loans can make it possible for you to study as an international student in the United States. Compare interest rates and terms at various financial institutions to find the best deal for the long term. Just like any other investment, remember the return. You will be investing in your future career and earning power.

    Further study options

    Instead of seeking employment directly after graduation from an undergraduate degree, many students choose to continue their higher education on a graduate program. Graduate degrees enhance your knowledge in a specialized field.

  • The American university system is known for its flexibility and offers a wide variety of paths to the degree and career that you seek. We give you end-to-end support through the US university system’s complex process.

    The academic year

    In the USA the academic year generally lasts nine months, and the most of universities use a ‘semester’ system which divides the year into two equal periods. There are two intakes a year for the majority of degree programs at university in America.


    During each semester, you will take a selection of courses, each of which is awarded a number of ‘credits.’ A credit is a unit of study. Universities usually expect students to complete:

    • 120-130 credit hours for an undergraduate degree
    • 30-64 credit hours for a Master’s degree

    As an international student, you are required to maintain a full course load of at least 12 credits per semester in order to maintain your visa status.

    Length of a degree program

    At US universities, the length of your program is determined by the time you take to earn enough credits to complete your degree. Most undergraduate programs are structured so you can earn enough credits to graduate in four years of full-time study. Graduate programs are generally structured to allow you to earn a degree in one or two years of full-time university study.

    Assessment and grading

    At US universities, your academic performance will be continually assessed by your teachers. They will use a range of methods including essays, written assignments, presentations, laboratory or studio work, class attendance and class participation. You will also take examinations at the end of each semester. At the end of each semester, your teachers will give a letter grade for each course that you have taken. Typically, letter grades are assigned as follows:

    A excellent, the highest grade
    B above average
    C average
    D the minimum passing grade
    F Fail

    Academic good Standing and Progression.

    At most universities, you must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 to be considered in academic good standing and continue to the next year of your degree program. A cumulative grade point average is the GPA for all courses taken throughout the degree program. The GPA equivalents chart below shows how the grading system in your country compares to GPA scores.

    Percentage 10 point CGPA Equivalent GPA US Grade Equivalent Classification
    60-100 06-10 4 A First Class/ Distinction
    50-59 05-06 3.5 B+ Second Class
    40-49 04-05 3 B Pass
    <40 <4 <2 C Fail

    University teaching and learning styles

    You may find that the teaching style and learning in the US is different from that in your country. Class lectures are an important part of learning at US universities, but you can also expect a high level of responsibility for your own studies. At American universities, teachers and students sometimes enjoy a much more informal relationship than in other countries. Some teachers prefer to be called ‘Professor’ or ‘Doctor,’ while others will not mind being called by their first names. In some countries, it is not acceptable for students to express their opinions to their teachers. In America, where the learning process stresses analysis and critical thinking, the exchange of ideas is encouraged.

  • Invest in yourself

    Many of the students, both International and American, you are probably concerned about how you will pay for your studies in the USA. Don’t let this destroy the impelling plans you have made. With a little planning, you will come out ahead. If you are feeling amazed by the cost, consider what an American education and degree will mean to your future. Education is one of the best investments you can make—an investment in yourself. Plus, the money isn’t all going toward lab fees and library late book charges. You are also going to be having fun, spending money on things like ski trips and nights out on the town, eating different kind of food with your new friends! Make the detailed estimate for the overall cost of your study in America, and then create the definite budget. Be careful that many U.S. universities and colleges require that international students pay for their first year’s tuition in one instalment. In order to pay this massive amount, you and your family needs to start saving in advance. Despite this, don’t let the cost of a university education in the USA scare you off!

    Financing Your U.S. Education

    Start your financial planning as early as possible. Each year international students receive significant amounts of financial assistance for their studies. To finance your U.S. education, you may have to rely on financial aid packages, which include grants, scholarships, loans and work/ study options. U.S. education and expertise in English paves the way to more secure and higher paying jobs.


    Very few U.S. universities and colleges are able to offer flourishing financial aid to international students. Therefore, it is critical for you and your family to be responsible for all of your education, personal housing, and food costs. Scholarships are for alternating amounts and one will only cover a small portion of the total amount required for an academic year in the States. You can write to the school of your choice to ask for a scholarship consideration form. But, you should first check with your family, government, home institution, and any other organizations to which you belong as a source for funding your studies. If the scholarship program originates from your country, the process may be easier for you.


    Loans can make your source to study as an international student in the United States. Compare interest rates and terms at various financial institutions to find the best deal for the long term. Just like any other investment, remember the return. You will be investing in your future career and earning power. Research your all options first and it is best to gain as much funding as possible—money you don’t owe back— and then, if need be supplement the remaining costs with loans.


    An estimated 75 percent of all full-time students studying at U.S. universities and colleges hold at least part-time jobs. If you are coming to the USA for more than a short-term program or exchange it is likely that you will have an F-1 student visa. With this type of visa you may qualify for work/study programs at your school. You might want to work extra hours while still in your home country, as visa restrictions in the USA reduce the number of hours you are able to work.


  • These are some common questions from student, but please contact us at any time to discuss your application to an American university:

    1. Why should I study in America?

    An American education is known throughout the world for excellence, flexibility and for the range of opportunities it affords. A degree from one of the carefully selected universities or colleges we work with will give you the qualification you need to be internationally successful.

    2. Colleges and universities: what’s the difference?

    In many countries, a college is of lower ranking than a university, and offers only vocational courses. This is not the case in America. In fact, many of the finest private universities in the country are called colleges. We work with both two-year associate colleges, from which you can progress to top tier institutions to complete your studies, and four-year colleges, offering full bachelor’s degree programs. Traditionally, only universities offered graduate studies, but today this is no longer the case, and many of the colleges we work with also offer graduate programs.

    3. How long does it take to earn a degree from a US university?

    Undergraduate degrees: In general, it takes 2 years to earn an Associate degree and 4 years to earn a Bachelor’s degree.
    Graduate degrees: A graduate (or Master’s) degree is usually studied for 1-2 years, but the length of time varies depending on the number of credits required.

    4. What is GPA?

    GPA means Grade Point Average and it is used in the American education system to indicate the level of a students’ academic success. An average score is calculated for each student on a scale of 0-4, with O being a fail and 4 being the maximum academic achievement. World Education Services (WES) offers a free grade conversion guide for more than 120 countries, so you can compare your grades to an American university’s GPA requirements.

    5. Do I need to take GMAT or GRE graduate admissions tests?

    Some of the universities we work with require graduate applicants to take the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) for business Master’s programs, or the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for other Master’s programs.

    6. Can I take the ACT instead of the SAT?

    Most colleges and universities now accept either the ACT or the SAT and do not given one test a preference over the other. Many universities will accept the ACT with optional writing instead of the SAT Reasoning Test and the SAT subject tests.

    7. How do I get an evaluation or translation of my academic records?

    You will need to provide an official copy of your academic transcripts, translated into English, with your application. Additionally, some universities will require that you provide a professional evaluation of your academic credentials. World Education Service will review your transcripts and prepare a transcript evaluation report for a fee (starting from $100).

    8. Will I be getting the best value for my money?

    All of the universities that we have selected to work with were chosen, in part, because they offer excellent value for money. We also offer special international student discounts which can save you significant amounts compared to applying directly to the university or college. Find out what the all-inclusive fee covers.

    9. Are there payment options or financial help available?

    We extend our special reduced fees to all applicants automatically. You can spread the cost of sending your child to university across the year, by taking advantage of our two-part payment option. Scholarships for international students are extremely limited, but there may be scholarship opportunities available from your own country. Once at university in the USA, international students may be permitted to undertake paid work on campus for up to 20 hours per week (conditions may apply).

    10. What is an ESL (English as a Second Language) transition program?

    ESL transition programs are a pathway to some of our partner universities for international students who don’t have the required TOEFL or IELTS score for direct entry to a degree program. You must meet all the university’s other requirements for degree admission. ESL transition programs are taught on campus and will improve your language proficiency to the level necessary for admission to that university.

    11. What kind of visa do I need?

    You will need an F1 Visa, which is for full-time students enrolled in an academic or language program.

    12. What is the I-20 form?

    The I-20 form allows you to apply for a student visa at the American consulate or embassy in your country. Following university acceptance, a deposit will be required to release the I-20 immigration document. This deposit is refundable in the event of a visa denial.

    13. How long will my visa be valid?

    When you enter the United States on a student visa, you will usually be admitted for the duration of your student status. That means you may stay as long as you maintain full-time student status, even if the F-1 visa in your passport expires while you are in America. However, if you depart the USA with an expired visa, you will need to obtain a new one, applying at an Embassy abroad, before being able to return to America and resume your studies.

    When you complete the course of studies shown on your I-20, and any authorized practical training, you are allowed an additional 60 days in the USA, to prepare for departure from the country, or to transfer to another university.

    14. When will I receive the documentation required for my visa application?

    If your application is successful, we will offer you a place at the University. To accept your place, you must send us a deposit (usually $500). Once we have received your deposit payment we will send you by mail (usually through Fedex) the official I-20 document along with the acceptance letter from the university, and other pre-arrival documentations. You will need to submit this with your visa application.

    To qualify for an undergraduate degree program, you must be aged 17 or older, and have a Diploma or acceptable certification of graduation from a High School or Secondary School in your home country. To qualify for (post) graduate study you must have successfully completed the international equivalent of a US secondary education, and the international equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree.

    All students must prove that they have spoken and written English sufficient for university study, by submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score, or successfully completing a university-based ESL program if available. See below for more details of English language requirements.

    15. When should I arrive at university?

    You should aim to arrive at the university in time to be ready to start the international orientation program at your selected institution. The orientation program will usually take place a few days before classes start.

    16. What documents should I bring to the airport when traveling to America?

    Remember to bring your University acceptance letter, I-20 and F-1 visa along with you on the plane. You may be asked by an immigration officer why you are in the US, please be clear that you understand where you are going and what you intend to study. Find out more about arriving in the United States.

    17. Can I work while I am a student in the US?

    Yes. The US government allows students on an F-1 visa to work on-campus up to 20 hours a week during the university semester. You can work on-campus 40 hours a week during breaks and the summer vacation. You must apply for US Immigration Department permission before you can work off campus, and again only up to 20 hours per week. There are three types of off-campus work authorizations for full-time students:

    • Unexpected, extreme financial hardship
      You must have been studying on an F-1 visa for at least one year to be eligible. You must prove you have less money than expected (e.g because of large currency devaluations or loss of your parent’s job).
    • Curricular practical training
      If your academic department grants credit for internships, you may be allowed to complete an off-campus internship. Contact your academic advisor for help applying.
    • Internship with an international organization
      You must be a full-time student while you do your internship. You may work full-time or part-time for one year. You will need a written offer from an international organization.
      Working without following the regulatory guidelines is a serious status violation. Students terminated for unauthorized employment are not eligible for reinstatement and must leave the United States immediately.
    18. What type of degree should I have for Optional Practical Training?

    OPT is available to students with both Bachelor’s and Master’s level degrees.

    19. How long can I work on an OPT placement?

    The standard period allowed is 12 months. However, students studying science, technology, engineering or mathematics can extend their program for an additional 17 months making a total of 29 months.



WhatsApp chat